Our Core Values
- Diversity - We value every voice regardless of age, gender, nationality, education and socio-economic background.
- Accountability - We take responsibility for our thoughts and actions, both to our team members and stakeholders.
- Innovation - We encourage self-initiative and cultivate openness to explore uncharted possibilities.
- Synergy - We leverage on the strengths of every stakeholder who we work with in order to build better ways of contributing to the community.
- Empathy - We listen to the women we serve with an open heart, in order to address and solve their most pressing needs
Why SELF Started
We believe that empowerment starts from the individual. As a smart, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual, our woman finds her inner strength to give to a larger community.
SELF started as an acronym for Sustaining Employability of Low-income women and Families. We aspire to enable women to have a stable and secure job that would allow their families and themselves to thrive.
We started with the goal of enabling women to become more independent by sharing the knowledge needed for them to make better decisions in their day-to-day life. We realised that not every woman has a community or support network that they can turn to for help. This was especially critical for our women who faced uniquely challenging situations that cannot be readily addressed. Our resource portal is designed to enable our women to share knowledge with each other, and seek support from the community where needed.